Important info from School Board Chairman Ryan Sawyers reveals the stakes around the May 6 Board of County Supervisors meeting that will decide if funding will support the unanimously-passed 2016-17 School Board budget for educating 88,000 PWCS students. Click for the facts
Mathematics Vision Statement
The Department of Student Learning and Accountability is announcing a Call For Proposals for the 2016 PWCS Elementary Professional Educators' Conferences. A collaborative effort between the Offices of Student Learning, Professional Learning, Special Education, and English Learner Programs and Services, the conference theme is "Exploring the Power of Literacy."
Proposals are due April 8 and should include:
- a focus on reading, writing, and oral language development in all content areas in grades K-2,
- alignment with the standards and PWCS curriculum, and
- the opportunity to interact with one another.
- Conference Date: August 23, Time: 8:30 -12:45
- Location: (tentatively) Ashland ES and Glenkirk ES
- Audience: K-2 teachers and specialists serving those grades
- Session Duration: 75 minutes
Note: A different opportunity is being planned for grades 3-5 teachers. Information about this event is forthcoming.
Questions? Prospective presenters are welcome to contact the English language arts, mathematics, science or social studies supervisors or call the Office of Student Learning at 703-791-7270 to be directed to the best person to answer your question. Administrators may contact the Director of Student Learning, Ken Bassett at 703-791-7253.